Courtney is Dapper Labs Creative Director, together they are shaping the power of play to deliver blockchain-based games and experiences. Her goals include connecting to a global audience through well-aligned partnerships, buzz-worthy activations, and reputable global events. She’s focusing on leveraging game mechanics to enrich player experience and ignite interest in newcomers to CryptoKitties. Courtney champions the creative vision for building the universe beyond Dapper Labs via concepts that awe, inspire, and drive adoption.
Previous to this she served as Creative Director for one of Europe’s fastest growing startups - Deliveroo which earned her a variety of skills including and outside of design; she shaped creative for campaigns for large-scale advertising, partnerships, and websites. She’s led a successful rebrand, developed a unique visual language adaptable to local and global markets through Asia and Europe, and art directed for a variety of global campaigns. Courtney did all this while leading and growing a cross-disciplinary team spanning design, copy, production, and photography. She was highlighted as #13 on it's list of most creative people in UK tech for her contribution to the brand's successful redesign.
Creative Director | Dapper Labs
Product Designer | Invoke
Nov 2017- March 2018
Creative Director (Art) | Deliveroo
Sept 2016-Feb 2017
London, United Kingdom
As Creative Director (Art) at Deliveroo I lead the creative team and the business through an enormous transition. We reinvented the brand and delivered a complex and coordinated launch campaign across 12 countries. This was no small feat. Our lean design team was able to accomplish this phenomenal turnout in part due to my relentless motivation, passion, and desire to see the project come to fruition.
• Successful implementation of a global 360 brand re-design
• Four OOH campaigns in the UK and international markets over the course of 2016
• Developed thousands of new marketing assets to support each stream of the business;
Corporate, Restaurant, Rider, Consumer, Partnerships and Special Projects
• Created eye-catching dynamic physical products for Deliveroo riders
Within this role I worked alongside our London HQ Marketing team and Creative Studio to conceptualize and deliver creative at a global level. Our challenge was to reposition takeaway, build consumer trust and establish Deliveroo as the go-to option for a delicious meal.
- Presented cohesive and persuasive rationales for projects to stakeholders
- Effectively defined and communicated project expectations throughout the business
- Maintained a constant understanding of the business from all relevant perspectives, which included workflows, initiatives, strategic drivers, objectives, industry and category news, and competitor understanding
- Leveraged my knowledge to identify creative opportunities and amplify creative output
- Oversaw all design work within the Creative Studio
- Delivered strategic and creative solutions to help the business attain their marketing objectives
- Developed and provided influencing concepts to boost department productivity
- Presented design ideas to all internal and external audiences
- Managed the creative process within the Studio from concept to completion
- Ensured the quality of design and successful project delivery
- Managed the design project assignment process in collaboration with Project Managers
- Managed design processes to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Managed the design team while introducing new and innovative processes
- Defined how the team would further evolve to meet business objectives
- Encouraged designers to always strive for excellence
Recent Education 2017
Courtney engaged in an intensive 10 week UX Design course focused on creating user-centric digital products within a comprehensive design project cycle. This immersive program explores HCD, Design Thinking and User Experience best practices.
Digital Product Management | User Experience Research | Information Architecture | Wireframing | Usability Testing | Visual Design | Responsive Website Design | User Interface Design | Prototyping | Interaction Design
Sketch | POP | InVision | Flinto | Creative Suite
Bachelor Degree of Design 2007-2011
Visual Communication & Advertising from Alberta College of Art and Design